Sunday, April 17, 2011

Disney Cars Cake and Cupcakes


Made these yesterday for a little boy name Dylan who just turned 5.
We will be celebrating his birthday party today. 
Please excuse some pics, has I'm baking and snapping pictures at the same time. 
Anyhow, here is what I made. Perhaps you should try it yourself it was really fun.
If you do, please  let me know I would love to see it. :0) 
This cake looks really cool when you cut a slice. I will show you later. 
So here is what I did. I cut a paper the same size has the pan.
From the first edge to the first square its about 2 inches.
Than I made another square from the first square about 1 inch to the middle of the paper creating another square (I think I missed a pictures on that). 
Then I placed the paper on top of the cake and cut the cake as you see below. 
and the middle of the cake again. (you see the middle square) lol 
and this is the first part of the cake. 
Second part, I made the same thing on the yellow cake. 
Then after the cake is all cut out. You swiped the cakes both middle parts. 
This is the chocolate cake with yellow cake. and the same for the yellow cake.
my first layer on the yellow cake. I'll tell you a secret that I heard from 
my instructor ( the more frost your cake the less crumbs on the cake) 
then the second cake and frosting. 
here is my cake all frosted up with buttercream frosting. 
After all the frosting comes the fun part of the cake. Decorating.
So here is my photos, hope you like my cake. 
This is the beginning of my decoration. 
and this is after its all iced up. 
Other then the cake I also baked cupcakes. 
all wrapped up and ready to go. 
and your probably wondering where are the famous cake pops... ehheeh
well I'll show you after the party... I'll post it on tonight..I need to get ready for the party now.
See ya lata!
Ok, Sooooo I'm back after a couple of hours and here are the shots I took. 
but, I did however didnt take a pic of the cake pops, I was so into the cake fun with the kids that 
I didn't remembered. :0( 
but here are the ones I took. 
aren't they cute, I asked them to scream (cupcake). ahahah forget the cheese
oh yeah thats my son the first boy on the left in the toy story shirt. hehe 
he has mommys dimples :0) 
this is Dylan the birthday boy. :-) 
and this is how the cake looks inside. Isn't cool. You should try it. 

1 comment: