Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bumble Bee Cake


Hi everyone, can you believe its wednesday tomorrow ?? Oh summer is going so fast, its about to be my birthday soon.... :0) and that means time to celebrate. Anyways enough about me, lets get to business....
A couple of days ago I twitted a picture of a cake I found while flipping through a catalog which I was really inspired by. Here is the picture I twitted. If you don't follow me by twitter, you can follow me here
So I liked the cake so much that I couldn't wait to start rolling fondant and create.
The weekend was coming up and since I had a small family BBQ I made this adorable cake. 

Cake Recipe : tres leches
To make the bee I used: 
Using the circle cutter I cut out a yellow circle.
Using the yellow fondant shape roll it in your hands forming a ball.
With your index finger roll one side to make it pointy, like this. 
To make the bee's stripes:
Using the black fondant I cut straight lines to glue them to the bee.
For the Bee Wings: 
Using this wilton cutter, cut out a few daisies. 
Using a spatula I cut two daisy petals. 
Using gum paste adhesive glue I glued them together.  
If you donÂșt know how to make your own gum paste adhesive your can view here to learn. 
Here are my bees and flower that I put to dry. 
*Hint: if you use half gum past and half fondant the fondant will dry faster. 
and here is my final bee cake.  Hope you enjoy my post. 
Here are the two pictures. 
This is my cake 
and this was the magazine one. 
It came out pretty cool. I so love my cake. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment